Minecraft is among the most sought-after sandbox games, which was released in 2011, but is still very popular among the gaming community. Mojang developed the game, but then it was acquired by the tech giant ‘Microsoft’ for $2.5 billion in 2014. The game has been downloaded millions of times on Windows-based computers and the number continues to grow with every passing month. While everything about Minecraft is spectacular, but it is an online game, and it will be immature to fathom an online game without errors. Over the years, several problems have surfaced in Minecraft, but fortunately, all those problems were resolved with a little effort.
One of the most common problems in Minecraft today is ‘Minecraft not responding’. This particular problem can happen in any version of the game and anytime. Many users have experienced the problem while launching the game. They get Minecraft not responding on Startup error, which means, they can’t open the game, let alone playing it. If you are a fan of Minecraft and play it every day, then you must have come across this very situation where Minecraft won’t open regardless of what you try. If yes, then there is nothing to worry about, as you can easily fix that problem.
How to fix Minecraft not responding 1.14?
Most people are using Minecraft 1.14 version or 1.14.4, and some have even been updated to Minecraft version 1.15. So, it doesn’t matter which version you are using, the troubleshooting steps remain the same.
The first thing that you need to do is restart your computer because this simple step can fix a vast majority of Windows issues, so there is no harm in giving it a try.
Try to update Java version
Check the Java version installed on your computer, and if it is outdated, then you may come across the error of ‘Minecraft Java not responding’. Here is how you can update the Java version on your computer.
- On the desktop, right-click to open ‘Properties’.
- Under ‘My Computer’, you need to click ‘OS Installed Version’.
- Download the latest Java version from the official website. Once downloaded, extract the files.
- Open the folder and then, copy the file version.
- Now, open ‘Windows Explorer’ by pressing the ‘Windows+E’ key at the same time. Then, go to the defined path for Java program files.
- It’s time to copy the files that you have copied from that extracted folder.
The problem should resolve by now, but if it is doesn’t, then you need to move onto the next step.
Check if the Windows version is up-to-date
At times, the problem of Minecraft 1.15.2 not responding can happen if your Windows version is outdated, so make sure that is not the case. To check if there is any Windows update available, you need to go to the ‘Settings’ of your computer by clicking the ‘Notifications’ menu on the bottom right side of the screen. In Settings, you will see the Windows update option, so click it and check what message you see. If the computer says that your Windows is up-to-date, then that’s good, but if there are updates available for download, make sure you download them. Once you download and install the updates, restart your computer.
Run Minecraft as Admin
If you are still dealing with Minecraft 1.14.4 not responding error, then you should run the game as admin. Here is how you can do so:
- Go to ‘Execute Files’ followed by clicking on ‘Properties’.
- Tap the ‘Compatibility’ option from the top of the page to check if you see ‘Run this program as admin’ option or not.
- Tap ‘Apply’ to save changes and then, click the ‘Exit’ button.
Now, check if implementing the steps will fix the problem or not.
Disable the mods
In Minecraft, mods are very popular, as they empower gamers with special features, which help them complete their missions in a much better way. However, these mods can affect the functioning of the game. If you suspect so, then disable the mods and check if the game is running properly or not. If yes, then you will have to consult experts to find out how to run Minecraft with mods on.
Update Graphics Drivers
You need to update the drivers related to graphics on your computer. For that, you can follow these steps:
- Open Windows command prompt and enter ‘devmgmt.msc’.
- From ‘Device Manager’, go to ‘Display Adapters’ and then, right-click on the display adapter to open properties and then, hardware functionality.
- See if you can find the ‘Update Driver’ option or not.
- If there is, then you should let Windows find the latest update for your drivers. Once the drivers update, restart your computer.
If none of the above solutions work, then you should reinstall Minecraft.
Note : Learn how to build a campfire in Minecraft – Minecraft Campfire